How does lodging work for minors?

The Child and Adolescent Statute (Law 8.069 of July,13th 1990) defines as a crime, the accommodation of a child or adolescent in a hotel, motel, inn, lodge or similar establishment, unless accompanied by parents or guardians. To prove this, an identity document or birth certificate must be presented.


For minors unaccompanied by parents, written permission from parents with a notarized signature is required upon check-in. Please note that regardless of whether or not the minor is accompanied by a guardian, it is essential to present the child’s or adolescent’s ID at check-in.